Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Golden Pho Bowl Awards – part 2 – the bad stuff « From the Delta to the DMZ

Hotly contested, here are the worst of my travelling experiences…

Worst Injury

Runner up: When dear old Omargh the stunt horse shrugged me off while we were cantering across Middle Earth (also known as Glenorchie, South Island, NZ). I was pretty winded at the time and had bruised ribs for a good three weeks afterwards. Had to abandon my plans to go flying the next day. Not the first time I've fallen off a horse. Won't be the last.
Winner: Pipping Omargh to the post is surfing. About the most full-on all-body workout you can have. Every muscle ached, I had seawater in head cavities I didn't know existed, lost the skin off both knees and had a badly bruised toe for a couple of weeks afterwards. It was great fun though and I'll definitely do it again.

Left: Omargh works out where he can offload me. Right: Catching some waves

No comments:

Post a Comment