Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This week’s favorite… « lifewithrosco

Favorite children's book:  The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia Scarry  http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Smell-Christmas-Scented-Storybook/dp/0375826432/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306286971&sr=8-1 

I have owned a copy of this book for longer than I can remember, and it has always been my favorite.  I used to ask my parents to read it so often that they eventually got tired of it and hid it behind the couch in the living room.  Somewhere around age 3 or 4, I pulled out the scratch 'n sniff stickers and ate them…all but the Christmas tree one.  Even at a young age, I knew that pine trees were not good to eat. :)

This book was printed in the early 80′s and then out of print until I was in college around 2005 or so.  I remember searching and searching for a new copy because mine was so banged up and missing pages.  Then, boom, it was suddenly the new hit at Christmastime one year.  Now, everyone with a small child seems to have a copy of this once-obscure book.

So, if you know someone with a small child, or even if you just like a good children's book once in a while, I recommend it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment